Origin of Banks
The origin of bank or banking activities can be traced to the Roman empire during the Babylonian period. It was being practiced on a very small scale as compared to modern day banking and frame work was not systematic.
Modern banks deal with banking activities on a larger scale and abide by the rules made by the government. The government plays a crucial role with its control over the banking system. This calls for bank management, which further ensures quality service to customers and a win-win situation between the customer, the banks and the government.
- StartUp QuotesReading Time: 6 minutes We are coming Soon!▶ ◀Read Next post! Listen StartUp Quotes “Whatever you’re thinking, think bigger.” — Tony Hsieh “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.” — Walt Disney “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” — Guy Kawasaki “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” — Babe Ruth “If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough.” — Mario Andretti “Always deliver more than expected.” — Larry Page “Done is better than perfect.” — Sheryl Sandberg “Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” — Henry Ford “Always I WANT TO Read More!
- Computer GlossaryReading Time: 17 minutes Listen Applet A small Java application that is downloaded by an ActiveX or Java-enabled web browser. Once it has been downloaded, the applet will run on the user’s computer. Common applets include financial calculators and web drawing programs. Application Computer software that performs a task or set of tasks, such as word processing or drawing. Applications are also referred to as programs. ASCII American Standard Code for Information Interchange, an encoding system for converting keyboard characters and instructions into the binary number code that the computer understands. Bandwidth The capacity of a networked connection. Bandwidth determines how much data can I WANT TO Read More!
- ALM Concepts,Reading Time: < 1 minute ◀Read Next post! Listen ALM Concepts Asset liability management (ALM) can be stated as the comprehensive and dynamic layout for measuring, examining, analyzing, monitoring and managing the financial risks linked with varying interest rates, foreign exchange rates and other elements that can have an impact on the organization’s liquidity. Asset liability management is a strategic approach of managing the balance sheet in such a way that the total earnings from interest are maximized within the overall risk-preference (present and future) of the institutions. Thus, the ALM functions include the tools adopted to mitigate liquidly risk, management of interest rate risk I WANT TO Read More!
- Agile – ManifestoReading Time: 2 minutes ◀Read Next post! Listen Agile – Manifesto In February 2001, at the Snowbird resort in Utah, 17 software developers met to discuss lightweight development methods. The outcome of their meeting was the following Agile Manifesto for software development − We are uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work, we have come to value − ● Individuals and interactions over Processes and tools ● Working software over Comprehensive documentation ● Customer collaboration over Contract negotiation ● Responding to change over Following a plan That is, while there is value in the I WANT TO Read More!
- iOS technologyReading Time: 5 minutes ◀Read Next post! Listen iOS technology This technology platform covers iOS based products. The iPhone (3gs and later), iPad and the iPod Touch (4th generation and later). iOS provides a rich Accessibility API allowing developers to design diverse accessible user interfaces using standard and custom controls. Apple provides extensive documentation on the API that can found in the Accessibility Programming Guide for iOS Audio, Video and Multimedia Ensure audio does not disrupt text to speech functionality of assistive technologies Ensure audio information is not the only method used to indicate completion or error Ensure audio is not played I WANT TO Read More!