Hormones in Animal
· Human body has different glands (as shown in the image given below) that secret Hormones (liquid substance), which are essential for the different body functions.
· Adrenaline Hormone is secreted from the adrenal glands. It is secreted directly into the blood and then carried to different parts of the body.
· On the other hand, plants have hormones that control and regulate their directional growth.
· Iodine is essential for the thyroid gland that makes thyroxin hormone.
· Further, Iodine is an essential element for the synthesis of thyroxin.
· Deficiency of Iodine, that might cause goiter.
· The term “goiter” refers to the abnormal expansion of the thyroid gland (resulting into swollen neck).
· Thyroxin Hormone regulates carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolism in the body and provide the best balance for body growth.
· Growth hormone, which is secreted by the pituitary gland, regulates growth and development of the body.
· The deficiency of growth hormone in childhood causes dwarfism short height.
· During the age of 10-12, there are certain physical change in the bodies of children, which is caused by the secretion of testosterone in boys and oestrogen in girls.
· As shown in the image given above, it is significant difference between male and female body i.e. males have testis (secretes Testosterone Hormone) and females have ovary (secretes Oestrogen Hormone).
· Insulin is a hormone, which is produced by the pancreas and helps in regulating the sugar levels of blood.
· If insulin is not secreted in proper amounts or on a proper time, the sugar level in the blood rises, which may cause different harmful effects in the body.