39 Income Streams & Ideas Available in India This was heavily requested so here is every opportunity available in India in this app. Whether you want to work online, make passive income or make some quick cash there’s a variety of options for everyone.
Come back to this page because we add new business ideas and opportunities every month!
Each opportunity links to our full review. Enjoy!
1. AirbnbIf you have an empty home, apartment, or even just a room, you can rent it out to travellers using AirBnB. While there’s some initial setup, it can quickly become a great source of passive income.
2. DropshippingDropshipping is a popular way to sell products online with very little start-up costs. The main concept is you don’t need to hold inventory, as you’re the middleman between supplier and consumer.To be successful you need to be good at marketing and learn Facebook Ads, keyword research or other methods to get traffic to your store.There are many different ways to use the dropshipping model like Amazon FBA, AliExpress/Shopify, Ebay, Printful and more.
3. *Answer SurveysThe survey sites available in India are Earnably and Swagbucks. Answering surveys is an easy task you can do in your spare time to make an extra $100-$300/month. To do so, you’ll want to join reputable platforms. By signing up on all of them, you can select the highest paying surveys and earn the most money.
4. YouTube Channel
💻 Work Online:
5. BookScouterBookScouter is a great way to make some extra money selling your old books and textbooks, or even start a textbook reselling business. The website will compare more than 35 buyback vendors for you to get the best price.
6. ShutterstockPlatforms like Shutterstock allow you to sell your photos online for supplemental passive income. If you love photography and are able to take the type of photos that tend to sell – whether artfully composed shots or niche-specific content. All you need is a decent-quality camera and some basic photography skills.
7. UserTestingUserTesting is a platform where businesses pay people to test their website. The businesses pay you to check links, see if pages are working and also give opinions about the design. Each test pays $10 and takes 10-20 minutes to complete. You can earn $30-$60 per hour from the comfort of your own home with UserTesting. No special skills are required either.
8. TranscriptionsThere’s companies like Speakwrite and TranscribeMe that pay you to manually convert audio into text. Transcription work requires a good ear, headphones, and a PC.
9. *Listen To MusicGet paid to listen to music and leave reviews. The companies available in India are SliceThePie and MusicXray. These are very low income but a good option if you’re a music fanatic.
10. Just AnswerJustAnswer gives topical experts in a range of topics – including medicine, design, electricity, relationships, health and wellness, fashion, and many more – the opportunity to generate supplemental income. After you sign up as an expert, you’ll answer questions in return for a fee minus commission.
11. FOAP Foap allows anyone to sell their photos and videos to businesses. It’s a stock photography platform designed with smartphone and tablet users in mind, so you won’t need to use a DSLR or video camera. You can generate a supplemental passive income by uploading your images and/or taking part in Foap missions.
💡 Business Ideas:
12. Become a Silent PartnerIf you have the capital, but no interest or time to start and operate a business yourself, you can become a silent partner. There are always businesses looking for investors and this could be a unique way to diversify your portfolio. With the right research, investing in startups or businesses has huge potential compared to traditional investments.
13. EtsyEtsy is an online marketplace for handmade, vintage, and custom designed products. If you’re a creative person, you can sell things like jewelry, accessories, clothing, shoes, decor, event items, toys, art, collectibles, craft supplies and more. It takes time to build a reputation on Etsy, but with good products and marketing you can make a killing.
14. Create An Online CourseIf you’re really good at something and can record yourself, you can use platforms like Udemy, Skillshare, or even your own blog, to create and market an online course. While there’s a lot of hard work involved upfront, a high-quality course has the potential to generate long-term passive income.
15. Amazon KDP (Publish Ebooks)You can publish ebooks on Amazon KDP to take advantage of Amazon’s massive amount of daily traffic. Writing and publishing ebooks takes lots of work upfront but can become a true source of passive income. If you’re not an amazing writer yourself, you can hire a ghostwriter or editor to work with.
16. Start A BlogIf you enjoy writing or teaching others then you can start a blog for as little as $2.95/month. There are many ways to monetize a blog and you can make it on any topic you’re passionate about. It takes time to build but if you can make high quality content and learn how to generate traffic, it can become a long lasting source of passive income.
17. Teespring – (Dropshipping)
18. Content Creation ServiceSimilar to freelancing, offering content creation services can involve hard work for good rewards. You can make or curate content for big accounts on instagram, facebook or other social media apps. Just choose your preferred niche – for example fitness – and contact the thousands of large fitness accounts. If you can create quality content you will land lots of clients and can set your own prices.
19. Outsource Your BusinessIf you’ve already developed a somewhat successful business but can no longer afford the amount of time it demands, then you could turn that into passive income by outsourcing your business. All you need to do is hire reliable employees or find remote freelancers that can run your business tasks. This does require effective hiring and management strategies but the payoff will be huge.
20. Open a LanudromatBuying or opening a laundromat is a great way to earn a passive income as a business owner. It does require a large upfront investment so it is not for everyone. With the right location and proper management however, it can be a very rewarding opportunity.
21. Rental Properties Rental properties offer an opportunity to generate a relatively passive income for the long-term. It’s a less risky, more familiar form of investment that’s available to anyone with the ability to purchase and maintain property.
22. Create Content AppsPlatforms like GoodBarber let you make apps without any programming skills. You can use it to create blog, news, or informational apps (similar to this one) and start earning passive income from the App Store or Google Play.
23. Flip Domain Names Domain flipping is a simple job: you buy domain names and then sell them for profit on GoDaddy Auctions or similar platforms. You must learn how to find attractive domains and actively try to sell them. It’s not as easy as it sounds, but with the right tools and research, you can sell $3.00 domains for 50x, 100x, or 1000x returns.
24. ATM Business
25. Vending Machines A vending machine business could be great supplemental income with the right location and a few machines. You’ll need some capital to purchase and fill the machines and you’ll also have to ask business owners for permission to place it in their store. But once everything is set up there is not much work required other than refilling the machines and collecting money.
26. RedBubbleRedBubble offers creative entrepreneurs the opportunity to generate passive income by selling your art, concept art, and designs online. All you need to do is focus on creating and uploading your designs, and RedBubble will take care of the marketing for you. You’ll earn royalties on every sale without losing the rights to your original artwork.
27. ZazzleIf you have a flair for designs that can be used on t-shirts, hats, mugs, greeting cards, buttons, stickers, and other merchandise, then you can turn your passion into supplemental income with Zazzle and/or CafePress. Both platforms act as a marketplace for designers, photographers, and wordsmiths.
29. FlippaFlippa lets you buy online businesses or apps that are already generating income. It can cost a lot of money to buy an established business but all the heavy work has been done for you. You just need to take over the assets and be responsible for its future success. Some business experience and expertise is definitely required.
👨✈️ Side Hustles/Jobs:
30. Uber EatsUber Eats is a service that allows drivers to make money by delivering customer food orders from local restaurants. You can use your car, or even a bike or scooter depending on location. You can work whenever you want and set your own hours.
31. Uber Uber partners make money giving passengers a ride from point A to point B. You need to be at least 21, with a valid driver’s license and an eligible four-door car, but Uber can arrange a car for you if need be. You can work as much or as little as you like so it’s a good opportunity if you need a flexible schedule.
32. DividendsDividends are a great way to get started in the stock market as there’s less risk and a better guarantee of rewards. You’ll earn a very small passive income in the beginning, but over many years your dividend payouts can become substantial and enough to live off of. If you’re in it for the long run this is a proven way to earn passive income over time.
35. Invest In CryptoCryptocurrency has become a hot topic in investment circles since Bitcoin was first launched. It does require a lot of research, and there are risks involved, but investing in cryptocurrencies (including the number of available “Altcoins”) can have long-term benefits and show significant rewards.
36. Cloud Mining Crypto Cloud mining, using a platform like HashFlare or Genesis Mining, allows you to mine and earn cryptocurrencies without your own mining hardware or tech knowledge. It’s a great way to get started with cryptocurrencies, as it’s completely automated. Potential earning vary depending on the cryptocurrency you choose to mine.
37. Crypto Mining By using special computers and hardware you can mine cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (and altcoins) and potentially make a lot. Cryptomining requires lots of specialized tech that makes it expensive to start with. You also need some expertise to do it effectively but the rewards can be worth it as an alternative way to invest in crypto.
39. JoinHoneySave money when you shop online by using Honey, a platform that automatically finds the lowest prices and the best coupons for you. While it can be used worldwide, Honey is best suited for residents of Australia, Canada, the U.K., and the U.S.
Refer to this page for all business ideas and opportunities in India. Come back for new content every single month!