Features of HRM
Human Resource Management as a discipline includes the following features –
● It is pervasive in nature, as it is present in all industries.
● It focuses on outcomes and not on rules.
● It helps employees develop and groom their potential completely.
● It motivates employees to give their best to the company.
● It is all about people at work, as individuals as well as in groups.
● It tries to put people on assigned tasks in order to have good production or results.
● It helps a company achieve its goals in the future by facilitating work for competent and well-motivated employees.
● It approaches to build and maintain cordial relationship among people working at various levels in the company.
Basically, we can say that HRM is a multi-disciplinary activity, utilizing knowledge and inputs drawn from psychology, economics, etc.