Performance in CSR
The action or process of performing a task or function.
Performance is simply the production of valid results.
Aspects of performance
One factor of importance to all organizations, which comes from its control system, is the factor of performance measurement and evaluation.
To evaluate performance we need the following components:
- Language to express results;
- Specification of objects to which the results will apply;
- Standardization for transferability between organizations or over time;
- Accuracy and control to permit evaluation.
Objectives of social Accounting
EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES:
HELP TO EMPLOYEES
HELP TO SOCIETY
HELP TO CUSTOMERS
HELP TO INVESTORS
“The systematic examination of the interactions between any business operation and its surroundings”
Environmental auditing is defined as a management tool comprising of a systematic, documented, periodic and objective evaluation of how well environmental organization, management and equipment are performing with the aim of helping the environment by
- The extent of compliance with regulations and possible future regulations
- The extent of energy usage and possibilities increasing for energy efficiency
- The extent of waste produced in the production processes and the possibilities for reducing such waste or finding uses for the waste necessarily produced.
- The extent of usage of sustainable resources and possibilities for the development of renewable resources.
- The extent of usage of recycled materials and possibilities for increasing recycling .
- Life cycle analysis of products and processes.
- The possibilities of increasing capital investment to affect these issues.