Communication is a two way process of exchanging ideas between human beings so that receiver understand it.
In CSR communications, as with most communications, “show” is better than “tell.”
Process of Communication:
Types of communications
- Internal communications
- Communications to stakeholders
- Communication to the general public
- Product-related communications
- Advertisements or other public statements
- Submission to government bodies of public enquiries
- Engagement with the social media
Six Cornerstones for Communicating CSR
There’s no need to stretch the truth.
- Employ third-party verification.
- Remember employees.
- Explain your metrics
- Take the initiative.
CSR and Communicating progress
Most business communication is transactional. It involves a give and take relationship between the sender and the receiver(s) in order to establish a common understanding.
The Importance of Communicating Effectively
- Getting Jobs You Want
- Gaining Promotions
- Providing Leadership
- Being Productive on the Job
- Relating Positively to Others
- Assuring the Success of Your Organization