It is a single most compelling thing about a brand that differentiates it from the competing brands. The brand essence serves as a metric to evaluate the seller’s marketing strategies. The most important brand essences arise from consumers’ needs. Brand essence can be described in just a few words.
For example, Volvo − Safe travel. Disney − Fun family entertainment.
There are seven contributing elements of brand essence −
● Authenticity − If the brand makes a promise and fails to keep, then it is rejected. The consumers expect the sellers to be genuine and truthful.
● Consistency − The essence of a brand is lost if it is not consistent in providing what it promised to the consumer. Also, a brand should use its logo consistently over time.
● Durability − The brand essence remains same over time. Even if packaging and logos change, the essence does not change.
● Experience − It is the consumers experience with the brand.
● Uniqueness − It is how different a brand is from its competitors.
● Relevance − It is the relevance of a brand to the consumer.
● Single mindedness − It is sticking to only one thing about the brand which keeps the brand focused.