Digital Marketing – Social Media
Social media today is essentially word-of-mouth marketing. Getting people to connect with you online in the social arena helps spread the word about what your company is and what are your products and services.
SEO and Social Media
For many teams, there are different sets of people who work on SEO and social media separately; however, this scenario is changing lately.
- The two may still officially belong to separate teams, but social media marketers will need to be more informed on the SEO strategist’s agenda, so that the SEO strategy can go hand-in-hand with content promotion.
- SEO strategists too need to know how to work with social media marketers in order to receive the social signals it needs to make sure their company ranks high in search.
There are two functions of social media for business −
- Are you participating in the conversation and sharing?
- Are you listening and monitoring what is being said about you?
Start Social Media Marketing
If you’re starting from scratch with your social media strategy, here are the basic steps to get you started −
- Step 1 − Choose your social networks
- Step 2 − Fill your profiles completely, remembering to load in your keywords
- Step 3 − Find your voice and tone
- Step 4 − Pick your posting strategy – how often, when, and what type of content
- Step 5 − Analyze and test
- Step 6 − Automate and engage
Although we’ll be getting into the specifics in the latter half of the tutorial, here are a few things to consider in your general social media strategy.
Facebook tops the list of social media strategy
For many, social media starts with Facebook. Just having a page, however, does not suffice. Sophisticated content marketing is now the way to foster engagement on Facebook. If your business doesn’t have a content marketing strategy or a blog, but wants to maintain a strong Facebook presence, it may be time to create a content marketing strategy for Facebook. We’ll get to know more on this in a subsequent chapter.
Optimize for mobile
All social media efforts need to be optimized for mobile. You’ve probably heard, but everyone needs to make sure their websites are optimized for mobile. Social media managers need to be aware of this to ensure that the format of any promotions they do (especially those that include driving people to their company websites) are optimized for mobile. Any images used on social media should also be viewable on mobile for optimized user experience.
Emphasize on human experience
It may be digital, but you need to consider the “human experience.” Google and Facebook have made changes to their platforms to push businesses to focus more on the “human experience.” For social media marketers, your social media posts need to be more relevant, provide more value to your audience, and the engagement needs to be more “human.”
pentareddy n he is volunteer and web designer software designer digital Marketer, Blogger, Graphic Designer & Freelancer, , , inspiration etc