What is Recruitment?
Recruitment is a process of identifying, screening, shortlisting and hiring potential resource for filling up the vacant positions in an organization. It is a core function of Human Resource Management.
Recruitment is the process of choosing the right person for the right position and at the right time. Recruitment also refers to the process of attracting, selecting, and appointing potential candidates to meet the organization’s resource requirements.
The hiring of the candidates can be done internally i.e., within the organization, or from external sources. And the process should be performed within a time constraint and it should be cost effective.
Importance of Recruitment
Recruitment is one of the most fundamental activities of the HR team. If the recruitment process is efficient, then
- The organization gets happier and more productive employees
- Attrition rate reduces.
- It builds a good workplace environment with good employee relationships.
- It results in overall growth of the organization.
Here is a list that shows the purpose and importance of Recruitment in an organization −
- It determines the current and future job requirement.
- It increases the pool of job at the minimal cost.
- It helps in increasing the success rate of selecting the right candidates.
- It helps in reducing the probability of short term employments.
- It meets the organization’s social and legal obligations with regards to the work force.
- It helps in identifying the job applicants and selecting the appropriate resources.
- It helps in increasing organizational effectives for a short and long term.
- It helps in evaluating the effectiveness of the various recruitment techniques.
- It attracts and encourages the applicants to apply for the vacancies in an organization.
- It determines the present futures requirements of the organization and plan according.
- It links the potential employees with the employers.
- It helps in increasing the success ratio of the selection process of prospective candidates.
- It helps in creating a talent pool of prospective candidates, which enables in selecting the right candidates for the right job as per the organizational needs.